Ten surprising facts about teeth
- The hardest part of the human body? Tooth enamel.
- Surveys indicate that 50% of people say that someone’s smile is the first thing they notice about a person.
- When you don’t floss, you miss cleaning up to 40% of your tooth’s surface area.
- In Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia, braces are considered super cool.
- More people use blue toothbrushes rather than red ones
- Over the course of your life, you will spend about 38 days brushing your teeth.
- There are 10-12 teaspoons of sugar in a single can of soda. Water will still always be the best thing for your teeth!
- If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you’re left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- The average amount of money left by the tooth fairy in 1950 was 25 cents. In 1988 it was $1.00, the going rate now is $2.00.
- They say the average woman smiles 62 times a day. The average man smiles about 8 times a day.